- The Lions’ shaky start indicates that Jim Caldwell may not have had his team ready to go from the first snap, but the Lions showed resilience by putting up 20 unanswered points in the fourth quarter.
- Good use of personnel by Lions getting rookie WR Kenny Golladay involved with two touchdowns.
- Questionable 2-point attempt by Caldwell down 15-17 with 3:07 left in the third quarter.
- Lions created a good defensive game plan, pressuring QB Carson Palmer that forced three interceptions.
- Lions convincingly won the in-game adjustment battle with 20 unanswered fourth quarter points.