- This was a hard fought game by two teams with emerging defenses.
- The Saints’ game plan, like others that play the Bears right now, is to make rookie QB Mitchell Trubisky beat you through the air, and right now, the Bears aren’t necessarily good enough to do that. Given that, all Bears Head Coach John Fox can do is to manage the game so that his team has at least a chance to win in the 4th quarter.
- Fox did a good job of that in this game. The Bears DL was active and effective all game, and the Bears prevented Saints QB Drew Brees from passing for a TD – which is rare.
- The Bears did have a chance to win this game with a final drive, but QB Trubisky threw a game-ending interception. The Saints are gaining confidence on defense, and in their ability to close out games – something they could not do in 2016.
- On offense, the Saints continue to work perhaps the best run-pass mix in the league.