At Kansas City
1:00 PM ET
Key Coaching Decision # 1: (BAL ball, trailing 17-10/ Fourth-and-1, KC 39/ 11:46 Q3)
• The Ravens faced a fourth down at the Kansas City 39-yard line and they decided to go for the first down. RB Gus Edwards ran up the middle and was stopped short by the Chiefs defense.
Key Coaching Decision # 2: (BAL ball, trailing 17-10/ Fourth-and-2, KC 10/ 3:16 Q4)
• Baltimore went for it on fourth down at the Kansas City 10-yard line. Lamar Jackson completed a pass to TE Max Williams who raced into the endzone to tie the game.
Key Coaching Decision # 3: (KC ball, trailing 24-17/ Fourth-and-3, BAL 5/ 0:57 Q4)
• With the game on the line Patrick Mahomes threw a five-yard touchdown to RB Damien Williams to tie the score at 24 late in the fourth quarter.
• Patrick Mahomes threw for 377 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Chiefs to an overtime win over the Ravens. On the game-tying drive he completed two fourth down conversions including a touchdown pass with less then a minute left in regulation.
• Kansas City running back Spencer Ware played well as he had over 100 yards of total offense against a tough Ravens defense. Even with Ware’s strong effort the Chiefs still managed to run for less then 100 yards on the ground. This will be something to watch as we get closer to the playoffs. The Chiefs have a great chance to have home field throughout and will need a strong run game as the weather becomes more of a factor in late December and January.
• Baltimore played a solid game and went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the NFL. They had almost 200 yards on the ground and were able to move the ball without an efficient passing game. The Ravens are the type of team the Chiefs don’t want to face in the playoffs. A team that plays great defense and can run the ball could cause the Chiefs problems.
• The Ravens are in the thick of the playoff race and need to bounce back next week against Tampa Bay. This is a very winnable game for Baltimore and one they need to have if they want to get a Wild Card berth.