4:05 p.m. ET
57 degrees, clear
Key Coaching Decision #1: (KC ball, leading 19-7/ First-and-6, OAK 6 / 0:12 Q2)
• After a touchdown catch by Travis Kelce which was already reviewed on the field due to the score being under two minutes. Jon Gruden threw a challenge flag and wanted to have the play reviewed again which is a penalty. Teams can’t challenge a play under two minutes left in a half. The penalty cost the Raiders a timeout, which had no effect on the outcome of the game, but this is something that should never happen on an NFL sideline.
Key Coaching Decision #2: (KC ball, leading 19-10/ Fourth-and-1, Oak 1/ 5:52 Q3)
• The Chiefs decided to go for it at the Raiders one-yard line up by nine points. Spencer Ware took a direct snap and struggled his way into the endzone for the touchdown which extended the lead to 16 points.
Key Coaching Decision #3: (OAK ball, trailing 26-16/ Two-Point conversion/ 3:33 Q3)
• After a Raiders touchdown pass to Jared Cook which cut the lead to ten points Oakland decided to go for two. The attempt was unsuccessful as Jalen Richard was stopped short of the goal line.
• Kansas City was able to score 40 points and had almost 500 yards of total offense, but they missed the running ability of Kareem Hunt who was released late in the week. They were able to run for 174 yards, but if you look closer Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill had over 90 yards of that total. It will be interesting to see moving forward if the Chiefs will be able to establish a running game with new starter Spencer Ware.
• Travis Kelce had a monster game for the Chiefs as he finished with 12 catches for 168 yards and two touchdowns. He is one of best tight ends in football and is a threat all over the field. He is a matchup nightmare in the red zone for opposing defenses.
• Oakland was able to hang around and their offense played well as they had over 400 yards of offense and scored 33 points. With just under seven minutes remaining the Raiders were only down by three and had the momentum. Kansas City ended up pulling away for the win, but this was a gritty performance by Oakland.