At New York
1:00 p.m. ET
• The Jets, more often than not, play the Patriots tough when they’re at home. This game was no different, as Jets head coach Todd Bowles had his team ready to play. The game plan was good enough to keep the Jets competitive, and they made the Patriots work very hard for this victory.
• Even though Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski had a touchdown, Jets safety Jamal Adams and the linebacking group did a good job of not letting Gronkowski run free all game long.
• The main ingredient in the Patriots’ victory Sunday was overall balance in the offensive play-calling and production. The Patriots did a good job of keeping the Jets off-balance by continuing to stay patient with their running game and not getting panicky as the Jets stayed close throughout the game.
• The Patriots committed too many penalties in this game. It was as messy a game penalty-wise that we have seen the Patriots play in a while.
• The Patriots’ kickoff coverage unit has struggled throughout this season. If this team is going to go deep into the playoffs, we expect head coach Bill Belichick to focus on improving their performance in this area.