1:00 p.m. ET
Key Coaching Decision #1 (JAC ball, game tied 0-0 / fourth-and-4 at JAC 46 / 9:17 1Q)
• Jacksonville runs a fake punt for no gain and puts the Titans in great field position. During the next drive, the Jaguars knock Blaine Gabbert of out the game with a 15-yard lowering-the-helmet penalty. Marcus Mariota comes in and drives the Titans in for a field goal that ends of being the margin of victory for Tennessee.
• This was a hard-nosed defensive battle with both defenses playing well enough to win. Huge division win for the Titans which may become a factor as the season moves forward.
• Titans have a 3-game winning streak against the Jaguars; they are one of the few teams in the league that can match the toughness of the Jaguars. The final scoring drive for the Titans was a 6-minute drive in which Derrick Henry had seven carries for 33 yards and helped wear down the Jacksonville defense on an extremely humid day in North Florida.
• TEN offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur called a great game and used multiple misdirection and rollouts for Marcus Mariota to help him get out of the pocket and use his legs to help keep the Jaguars off balance. In the fourth quarter, the Titans slowed the pace and used the clock to their advantage to frustrate the aggressive Jaguars defenders.
• Blake Bortles, off a career game last week against the Patriots, was inaccurate with his passes and his receivers let him down with multiple dropped passes.
• The Jaguars needed Leonard Fournette and his bruising style against the Titans. T.J. Yeldon played well but the absence of Fournette showed up in the second half when the Jaguars had trouble moving the ball. Fournette is still labeled as day-to-day as the Jaguars continue to be cautious with their star back.
• The Titans were able to shut down the Jaguars’ crossing routes that gave the Patriots so much trouble last week. It will be interesting to see if teams follow the Titans blueprint moving forward.