Key Decision #1: (CHI trails 14-0/4th & 9 MIN 16/6:05 Q2)
- Chicago anticipated punt coverage going towards Tarik Cohen and fielded an additional returner and set up a return going his way. He returned the punt for a touchdown and brought Chicago within one score. Very nice play call here.
- Chicago charged with Delay of Game at 1:02 in 1st quarter.
- Vikings burned all three timeouts before the end of the 1st half which ended up costing them as they tried to put together a scoring drive at the end of the half. They missed the field goal but with timeouts likely would have been able to run more plays and set up a field goal closer to the end zone.
- Minnesota had to burn a timeout to prevent Delay of Game at 7:36 in 4th quarter, and was charged a Delay of Game at 1:09 4th quarter.
- Chicago unsuccessfully attempted to convert two 4th & Goals from within the 5-yard line in the 4th quarter. Had they kicked field goals on each of these, they could have cut the lead to one score.