8:20 p.m. ET
Key Coaching Decision #1: (IND ball, leading 24-17 / fourth-and-goal, TEN 7 / 3:55 Q4)
• Facing fourth-and-goal at the Titans 7-yard line, the Colts took a two-score lead (27-17) and effectively put the game out of reach when kicker Adam Vinatieri hit a 25-yard field goal.
• It was a rainy game and there was no “gimme” field goals or extra points (Vinatieri would later miss an extra point). The Colts could have attempted to go up 14 here late in the game. However, the only prudent move would be to make it a two-score game.
• The Colts finished the season with a 10-6 record. They were 1-5 after six games. The win gave the Colts entry into the playoffs. They face division rival, Houston on the road.
• The Colts dominated time of possession having possessed the ball for 40:13 while the Titans only had the ball for 19:47. The Colts ran 72 plays and had an even distribution of running and pass plays (36 of each).
• The Titans failed to make the playoffs after winning a playoff game in 2017.
• Tennessee was again without quarterback Marcus Mariota, who was ruled out with foot and neck injuries. They were also without defensive tackle Jurrell Casey and linebacker Brian Orakpo.
• This was a penalty-marred game. The two teams combined for 21 penalties for 171 yards.