64 degrees; clear skies
- Great job by the Jets to get pressure on Blake Bortles through the day. Their game plan seemed to involve keeping him from getting into a rhythm, which they successfully executed.
- Jacksonville responded well by getting Leonard Fournette involved early to take some of the pressure off Bortles.
- At the end of first half, Jaguars got the ball back deep in their own territory with about a minute left. They go three and out and only burn 10 seconds off the clock before giving it back to Jets with an opportunity to score at the end of the half. Poor play calling in this moment.
- Very effective fake punt called by Jets with 22 seconds left in the half to get them into field goal range. Unfortunately, Jets were subsequently called for a Delay of Game that contributed to what ultimately was a missed field goal. Good play call mitigated by lack of preparation by special teams unit to execute in 2 minute situation.
- Jets did an excellent job running the ball all game, producing a 75 yard TD run in the first half and a 69 yard TD run in the second half. Credit to the Jets for coming into the game committed to running the ball and executing all throughout the game.
- With 5 minutes left in the game, Todd Bowles had to burn a valuable timeout to get properly set for a punt return. With the game tied and looking to put together a game winning drive, each timeout becomes very important. Another example of special teams lack of preparedness in this game for the Jets.