At New Orleans
4:05 p.m. ET
• Early in the game, the Eagles focused their defense on stopping Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas. The Saints however, did an excellent job of utilizing their other personnel, particularly young receivers Dan Arnold, Austin Carr and Tre’Quan Smith.
• The Eagles had 10 days to prepare for this game, but their game plan was abysmally deficient. They simply don’t have the type of offense that can engage in a track meet with the Saints, however, the Eagles came out as if they could. This was baffling.
• Every team will perform poorly now and then, but one aspect of the Eagles’ performance that was especially troubling concerns their apparent lack of camaraderie. In their Super Bowl season last year, they played much more cohesively. This year, something is clearly missing from their chemistry.
• With the acquisition of cornerback Eli Apple, the Saints are much deeper in the secondary. Additionally, young linebacker Alex Anzalone is improving and veteran linebacker Demario Davis is having a Pro Bowl year.
• The Saints have had a lot of success using backup quarterback Taysom Hill in a number of roles. However, the novelty is fading a bit as defenses are catching up.