85 degrees, humid, partly cloudy
- Very poor field conditions were a major component of this game. The stadium hosted a college football matchup the night before and also experienced heavy rain the morning of the game. What resulted was an extremely slippery field that made it difficult for offensive players to stay upright when planting and maneuvering. Both teams in this matchup had stout defensive lines, but the field conditions may have also made it difficult for either team to successfully run the ball.
- The Dolphins allowed some extra time burn off the clock on the last drive the 1st half, despite having three timeouts available.
- Timeout used by the Dolphins on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter to prevent a Delay of Game.
- Miami overcame a 14-point second half deficit to win this game. Nice execution of in-game adjustments by Adam Gase and his staff to make this happen.
- With the score tied, and less than a minute left on the clock, the Jets decided to throw the ball. This resulted in an interception which led to the game-winning field goal for the Dolphins. This was not the best play call considering the Jets were on the road, and a long drive was unlikely with the time remaining.