8:20 p.m. ET
44 degrees/ Overcast
Key Coaching Decision #1: (JAX ball, trailing 7-2 / fourth-and-goal, TEN 1 / 7:30 Q2)
• After scoring on a safety, the Jaguars got the ball in excellent field position (at their own 44-yard line) following a free kick; the Jaguars drove 55 yards in 14 plays. Facing fourth-and-goal, rather than kicking a field goal to make it a 7-5 game, running back Leonard Fournette was stopped by Titans rookie linebacker Rashaan Evans at the goal line for no gain. The Jaguars turned the ball over one downs.
• This was the play of the game, as it swung momentum from the Jaguars back to the Titans. On the Titans’ first play from their own 1-yard line, Derrick Henry ran 99 yards for a score to add to the Titans advantage.
• Titans running back Derrick Henry ran for 228 yards on 16 carries and also had four touchdowns. He is the Titans’ first 100-yard rusher this season.
• The Titans and Jaguars were playoff teams a year ago but are two teams going in different directions. The Titans are 7-6 and still in the playoff race. The Jaguars are 4-9 and have lost eight of their last nine contests.
• The Jaguars had showed some signs of ending their skid as they shut the Colts out just four days earlier. That hope was short-lived. Jacksonville’s defense was gashed by Henry and the Titans. Tennessee gained 426 yards of total offense. The Jaguars defense isn’t close to their 2017 edition, when they were one of the NFL’s best units.
• Jaguars QB Cody Kessler started a second straight game and will start a third consecutive game against the Washington Redskins this coming week. It appears more likely that the Jaguars’ 2019 quarterback isn’t currently on the roster.